Dr. Moarefi completed his residency in ophthalmology at Case Western University – University Hospitals. As a senior resident he was elected as Residency Wellness Representative and was decorated with awards and scholarships. Dr. Moarefi developed a great love for the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio. He has a strong background in advocacy in ophthalmology at the grassroots and national level. Dr. Moarefi has a natural passion for helping and connecting with others. His interactions with his patients seem to become instant friendships, making the relationship more personal.
His passion to be great reflects his efforts and participation. Dr. Moarefi’s passion for refractive surgery is based on his experiences in life, including his mission work in India helping perform surgeries on blind impoverished patients.
Dr. Moarefi finished his MD degree in 2012 at Chicago Medical School. He has 2 Masters degrees in Biomedical Sciences and Healthcare and Management Administration. He completed his Bachelor of Arts degree at UCLA.
Dr. Moarefi has a passion for volunteering internationally and here in his own backyard in Northeast Ohio. He loves to travel, having spent 1 year living in South America, working at various medical clinics, teaching English, learning Spanish, and trekking some of the earth’s most beautiful destinations.
- UCLA; Los Angeles, CA. Bachelor of Arts, 2007.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science; Chicago, IL. Masters of Biomedical Sciences, 2008.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science; Chicago, IL. Masters of Healthcare Administration and Management, 2009.
- Chicago Medical School; Chicago, IL.
- Doctor of Medicine, 2012.
- Case Western Reserve – University Hospitals. Cleveland, OH. 2014-2017.
- Hyderabad, India Mini Fellowship: Small Incision Cataract Surgery, 2017.
- Ohio Medical License
- Board Eligible by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Ohio Ophthalmic Society
- American Medical Association
- Refractive Surgery Alliance