Dr. Ward grew up in Amherst, Ohio and is thrilled to be practicing optometry near his home town. He is a graduate of St. Ignatius High School and earned his Bachelor of Science in Pre-Medicine with a minor in Psychology from the University of Dayton in 2014. He then went on to obtain his Doctor of Optometry degree from the Ohio State University College of Optometry in 2018. He is affiliated with both the American Optometric Association and the Ohio Optometric Association.
While at Ohio State, Dr. Ward was involved with several community outreach programs, including the Lion’s Club, which helped collect and redistribute donated glasses to those in need. In addition, Dr. Ward took special interest in externship rotations involving the medically underserved, addicted, and homeless populations. He also enjoyed working with veterans at the Cleveland VA Medical Center, as well as with children through Ohio State’s school screening program and various pediatric clinics. He is excited to continue providing quality care to patients of all demographics, but especially loves seeing families.
Dr. Ward’s style of practice is centered upon empathy and compassion. He greatly values and enjoys establishing relationships with his patients and feels that strong communication is the foundation of quality care. He strives to work as a team with each patient and involve them in their healthcare experience as much as possible.
Dr. Ward and his wife, Kristen, have known each other since preschool and they have a beautiful daughter. He is most passionate about his family and, when not practicing optometry, can be found around the fire spending quality time with his family, on the golf course, or cheering on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- The University of Dayton; 2014
- The Ohio State University College of Optometry; Doctor of Optometry, 2018
- American Optometric Association
- Ohio Optometric Association
- Dr. Ward grew up in Amherst and is thrilled to be practicing optometry near his hometown. He and his wife, Kristen, have known each other since preschool and they have a beautiful daughter. He is most passionate about his family and, in his spare time. He values strong, lasting relationships with his patients that extend beyond their ocular health.