William Wiley, M.D. is a Board-Certified Ophthalmologist who has pioneered many eye procedures in the Northeast Ohio area. Dr. Wiley is the Medical Director of the Cleveland Eye Clinic. Dr. Wiley was one of the first in the area to offer his patients all-laser LASIK as well as laser-assisted refractive cataract surgery. Dr. Wiley participates in many clinical research studies, and because of this, he is often able to offer his patients technology that is not yet widely available in most clinics in the United States. He was one of the first in the country to implant RxSight’s Light Adjustable Lens (LAL) post-FDA approval. Dr. Wiley was the first in the area to implant the iStent, and Hydrus MIcrostents for Glaucoma. He was one of the first in the area to implant the Tecnis aspheric, Rezoom, Panoptix, and Vivity Multifocal Intraocular lenses available for cataract surgery. He was the first to implant the Kamra Corneal Inlay for near vision. To date, Dr. Wiley has performed more than 50,000 cataract and refractive surgical procedures.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Wiley today
Dr. Wiley performed cataract surgery on a 1.5-pound Golden Lion Tamarin Monkey named Ana at the Akron Zoo in 2017. Ana was the smallest mammal on record in the world known to have had cataract surgery.
He is a true Doctor’s doctor in that over the past 15 years he has performed hundreds of surgeries on physicians and their family members. In addition, he is the Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, University Hospitals/Case Western University. Dr. Wiley is also the chief medical editor for CRST – cataract and refractive surgery today for 2020. Dr. Wiley currently resides with his wife and family in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio.
- Community Health Partners
- University Hospital – Bedford
- University of Virginia
Charlottesville, Virginia, BA, 1994
- Medical College of Ohio
Toledo, Ohio, Doctor of Medicine, 1998
- Rush Presbyterian St Luke’s Hospital
Chicago, Illinois, 1998 – 2002
- Chennai, India
Mini Fellowship: Micro-incision
1-millimeter Cataract Surgery, 2003
- Harvard Medical School
Honors in Ophthalmology.
Clinical Externship, 1997
- Moscow, Russia
Clinical Clerk with Dr. Fyodorov pioneer
of Radial Keratotomy, 1996
- Hong Kong and Mainland China
LASIK surgery course (Studied LASIK prior
to approval here in the U.S.), 1995
- Ohio Medical License
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Society for Excellence in Eye Care: President 2019-2021
- AECOS: President Elect 2021
- CEDARS/ASPENS Ophthalmology Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ohio Ophthalmologic Society
- American Medical Association
- Ohio State Medical Association
- Cuyahoga County Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Recognized as a National Keratoconus Foundation Top Doctor and a Top Doctor by OH TopDocs in 2020!
- Chief Medical Editor, CRST (Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today), 2020