William Wiley, M.D. had pioneered many eye procedures in the Northeast Ohio area. He was the first Cleveland physician to implant the Tecnis aspheric and ReZoom Multifocal Intraocular lenses available for cataract surgery. Dr. Wiley was also among the first physicians in the country to implant the Crystalens accommodative intraocular lens also available for cataract surgery. To date, Dr. Wiley has performed over 10,000 cataract and refractive surgical procedures.
He is a true Doctor’s doctor in that over the past 4 years he has performed over 100 surgeries on physicians and their family members. In addition, he is the Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, University Hospitals/Case Western University. Dr. Wiley is also the chief medical editor for CRST – cataract and refractive surgery today for 2020. Dr. Wiley currently resides with his wife and family in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio.
- Community Health Partners
- University Hospital – Bedford
- University of Virginia
Charlottesville, Virginia, BA, 1994
- Medical College of Ohio
Toledo, Ohio, Doctor of Medicine, 1998
- Rush Presbyterian St Luke’s Hospital
Chicago, Illinois, 1998 – 2002
- Chennai, India
Mini Fellowship: Micro-incision
1 millimeter Cataract Surgery, 2003
- Harvard Medical School
Honors in Ophthalmology.
Clinical Externship, 1997
- Moscow, Russia
Clinical Clerk with Dr. Fyodorov pioneer
of Radial Keratotomy, 1996
- Hong Kong and Mainland China
LASIK surgery course (Studied LASIK prior
to approval here in the U.S.), 1995
- Ohio Medical License
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ohio Ophthalmologic Society
- American Medical Association
- Ohio State Medical Association
- Cuyahoga County Medical Society
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Recognized as a National Keratoconus Foundation Top Doctor and a Top Doctor by OH TopDocs in 2020!